Nothing is too over-the-top in Dubai—from the height of its skyscrapers to the size of its malls. So it’s no surprise that the Middle Eastern city is putting its own unique spin on the food truck.
Last Exit is Dubai’s first outdoor collection of eateries on wheels. Just don’t expect them to move anytime soon.
With a 1950s Americana motif, Last Exit features a variety of classic vehicles like Volkswagen vans and shiny aluminum Airstream trailers that house international brands Starbucks, California’s Baja Fresh Mexican Grill and Canada’s Big Smoke Burger, and more local chains like Operation Falafel.
Consider it one very stylized truck stop that’s open 24 hours and also features Burger Pit, Clinton St. Bakery, Il Café De Roma, Poco Loco, The Brass, The Hot Dog Stand, Urban Seafood and All Day Minimart among the first of 11 “food trucks” serving up Middle Eastern, American, Italian and Latin American dishes.
While Last Exit is designed to tap into the food truck trend that took off in Los Angeles and made its way across the country and world, including cities like London, its developers also see it as a safe haven for families and local travelers as they make their way between Dubai and Abu Dhabi, with restrooms, ATMs, prayer rooms and play areas for families.
And for those inside the 1.7 million vehicles expected to drive past Exit 11 each week on Sheikh Zayed Road, where Last Exit is located, there are also drive-through options, of course.
Where to Stay:
- JW Marriott Hotel Dubai
- Marriott Executive Apartments Dubai Creek
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre
- Marriott Executive Apartments Al Jaddaf, Dubai
- Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf, Dubai
- La Ville Hotel & Suites CITY WALK, Dubai, Autograph Collection
- Renaissance Downtown Hotel, Dubai
- JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai
- Habtoor Grand Resort, Autograph Collection
- Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites
- Courtyard Dubai, Green Community
- Lapita, Dubai Parks and Resorts, Autograph Collection