New Orleans is a city of distinct neighborhoods and the best way to explore is on foot.
This urban ramble starts in the architecturally intriguing Bywater, a residential haven of small, locally owned restaurants and businesses that thrum with New Orleans vitality. Wander along towards the artsy St. Claude Corridor, a gritty stretch flanking the Bywater and Marigny with a growing number of pubs, theaters and restaurants adding yet another option for New Orleans after dark.
(Infographic: Ashton Dockendorf)
Where to Stay:
- MOXY New Orleans French Quarter
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New Orleans
- AC Hotel New Orleans
- The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
- The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
- Courtyard New Orleans Downtown
- SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown
- New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center
- Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel