It isn’t just the weather that gets steamy in the Caribbean and Latin America. The regions are also home to some of the world’s hottest gay travel destinations.
Whether your scene is sipping crafted cocktails and listening to jazz or getting your groove on with go-go boys, there’s a scene to suit you.
We’ve gathered the top LGBTQ picks from concierges across both regions so you can head to where the locals roam.
Shekina Smite, Concierge, Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino
- Wet & Wild — People flock to this outdoor beach club to spend the day lounging underneath shady trees and sipping mixed drinks at the Tiki bar. Wet & Wild is also a great place at night, when you can experience some of Curacao’s best entertainment performing on the club’s stage — right on the shore’s edge.
- Miles Jazz Café — This cozy café in the island’s colonial center plays jazz music from authentic vinyl turntables. It’s a popular place to unwind with a cold beer or mixed drink.
Andres Araneda, Concierge, W Santiago
- Bunker Bar — Looking for an LGBT nightclub filled with go-go boys, drag performers and guest DJs? Bunker Bar won’t disappoint; performances carry on into the wee hours.
- FoodTrip Tour — Embark on a slightly different experience with the FoodTrip wine tour, designed for travelers to taste the many different flavors of Chile. A variety of options allows travelers to choose from food and wine tours, including sanguche (sandwich) and market tours.
- Barrio Lastarria — Head to this lively neighborhood in the heart of Santiago to explore streets filled with live music and markets. The area is the perfect place to walk around and get a sense of the local scene.
Lilia Aquilera, Concierge, Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel
- Alvaro Obregon Avenue — Located in Roma Norte, this trendy street is dotted with hipster cafés, bars and parks. Many travelers make their way toward this area to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- MARSO Galería de Arte Contemporáneo — A contemporary art museum located inside a Colonial-style building, the MARSO offers a unique twist. At the end of the exposition, you’re welcome to collaborate with other visitors to critique and discuss the pieces portrayed in the museum.
- Sodome — A popular hangout where LGBT men can relax and unwind. Different promotions are offered throughout the week, such as happy hour specials and themed nights.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Viviana Ullo, Concierge, CasaMagna Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
- Act II Stages — The biggest entertainment venue in Puerto Vallarta, Act II Entertainment features drag shows, comedians and live musicals. The space is also home to several performance stages and the Encore Piano Bar where travelers can enjoy music and other live shows.
- Blondies PV — This LGBT-friendly local watering hole features signature snacks & cocktails, a slushbar with variety of frozen drinks and an open-air loft where partygoers can enjoy cool ocean breezes.
- La Noche — With three separate floors of entertainment, this complex is a must-see and features a stunning rooftop garden bar with views of the city and surrounding mountains. There’s also pizza and sushi on deck for those who work up an appetite dancing late into the night.
Leonardo Lira, Concierge, JW Marriott El Convento Cusco
- Rica Chica Casa Cultural — Known as a community of urban contemporary art and gastronomy, Rica Chicha is where bright colors, vibrant sounds and authentic Peruvian flavors collide. Enjoy artisan coffee, live music, art exhibitions and more year-round.
- San Blas Neighborhood — Steps away from the JW’s front door, the “Barrio de San Blas” is a pedestrian-friendly area lined with artists’ studios and artisan shops as well as many of Cusco’s best bars. The shopping is great, so be sure to bring some soles (Peruvian currency) along with you.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Waldo Falcón, Concierge, San Juan Marriott
- Calle Cerra — This street is tucked into the trendy Santurce district, one of San Juan’s most LGBT-friendly neighborhoods. Visitors can enjoy gazing at the incredible wall art while they stroll or stop for a drink or meal at bars and restaurants. Craft markets take over the street during the weekend.
- Spoon Food Tours — Spoon offers fun and authentic food tours for those who want to experience both the culture and cuisine Puerto Rico has to offer. It’s possible to choose from different tours, including one that traverses Santurce.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Mathias Barbosa, Concierge, AC Hotel Rio de Janeiro Porto Maravilha
- Buraco da Lacraia — Located in the heart of Rio’s Centro, this lively LGBT nightclub features comedy shows, karaoke, drag queen shows and DJ sets.
- Rio G SPA — One of the best LGBT men’s spas in Rio, the spa offers men a variety of services, including massages, saunas, a fitness center and a bar where guests can cool off with a refreshing post-treatment drink.